Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Still in the Field after -4C

Our hi-boy sprayed regrowth Canada Thistle today and will go tomorrow. With the warm weather and sun I feel very confident of control.

It was hard getting the rig in the field. I blew the alternator on my truck delivering water to the rogator, and we had to scramble to find trucks to deliver herbicide. Darc (The operator) had to drive 10 miles round trip to fill with water. All the hassle made things harder than they should have been

We got the field started in spite of trouble and will finish tomorrow. As an added bonus my truck is already fixed. Those two things make me feel better. I am really lucky to work with excellent operators. Many places have people come and go, but the two men I work with have been with me for 7 and 8 years. It makes it much easier to get "it" done when "it" goes bad.