Thursday, April 05, 2007

HEY Gotta new Job!!

(<:

After 12 years with my present employer I changed jobs.

Stats say that you will change carears 3 times in your life. Well this could be four for me. I've been a farmer, I managed a weed control district for the Manitoba Agriculture and most recently I was a sales agronomist for a farm supply.

I thought I would finish working with this last outfit, but recent changes in the industry had got me looking around.

I've landed a postion as manager of a research farm. I'm excited about doing this. I'm pretty nervous too.

I did the "exit" interview with my old boss, or rather half of it. I've heard of these things, they are odd and this seem to be aimed at finding out if I had any doubts about leaving and exploiting the information gained. I had to cut it short, it was very uncomfortable, kind of like talking to an insurance salesman you can't get rid of.

My direct supervisor was much better, as was the payroll person. Very cut and dried and business like with a bit of negotiation and straight talk. I left them with a great deal of respect for the way they handled it.

I will miss much at my old position, the producers were excellent as was my work situation. I'm sure when the air seeder breaks down at 6 on a Friday night I will want to go back

But damm it will be nice to be farming again after 21 years
~:>)